Monday, November 9, 2009

I cant always rant when I want--(Stolen from Mr. Dylan)

WARNING: THERE IS SOME SPORTS TALK COMING UP


1. A reasonable amount of time has passed. I can now offer a few World Series items. My big worry in the last game was that Chase Utley would get to bat. He is very very good and I sensed that Mariano was tired. But he had just enough left to a void Utley--who does use a lot of hair gel by the way.


Ahhh--hindsight. I was not sure about Girardi pitching his pitchers on 3 days rest but it worked. Protecting Cliff Lee was a mistake. Martinez and the rest of the Philly starters were not good. I did believe the Yankees would get to Martinez. The Yankee lefties took Ryan Howard right out of all his key at bats.


Money does talk in baseball.


2. Mr. Brady and the boys won again and are looking very good. I figure they will lose either to Indy or Nawlins--but otherwise win the rest. I would take 12 and 4 right now. This is being done with virtually half of the defensive starters (including 3 of 4 defensive backs) being new.


3. I cringe every time Joe Lieberman opens his mouth. He is pathetic and hopefully that will get noticed in the Nutmeg state. Harry Reid is not much better. Talk about a vacuum of leadership. You don't think Ted Kennedy made a difference? I give Pelosi credit--she kicked some ass even if compromises were made.


4. It was a very weird weekend with each of the adult women in my life all on the road: BBB was in our nation's capital; JBB was in Liberia on her way to Israel; and ABB was in the Iron City.


5. Probably will vote for Khazei but definitely will not ever vote for Pagliucca or Capuano--Capuano is too arrogant and Pags should be penalized for showing himself in his ads with the Celtics as if he were playing point guard. I do like the idea of a woman.


6. Saw John Prine last Friday night--a survivor of throat cancer who is my age and can still sing. A wonderful evening and now we even have a "W" hotel right across from the Wang Center. Still does not make me feel like we are a match (or we even should be) for NYC.


7. Working our way through the DVD's of Madmen--cant say I love it (I dont) but the sets and the costumes are so right on.


Happy turkey day.


Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment