Monday, December 15, 2014

"OH RICHARD, IT'S TIME TO COME IN AND RIP THE WHISKERS OFF THE CATS"

That's more or less a direct quote from Dick Cheney's mom.  He had been playing out in the yard during a hot summer day in Wyoming.  It was now time for him to come in and torture his cats. He practiced a lot so that when he got to the White House, he would know what torture was. I was reminded of this activity when I saw a quote from Dickie regarding the recent report on the CIA: "I would do it again in a minute".  He continues to believe water boarding was effective even though the report refutes that in every instance--even going so far as saying it was unrelated to the capture of Osama Bin Laden.  I am convinced he is so delusional he does not even know the difference between truth and lies.  I am usually not a friend of Senator McCain but since he is the only senator who has been a prisoner of war, he has been worth listening to on this issue.  He continues to be very clear--water boarding is torture and it was ineffective.  Cheney cannot even hear that.  He is a Dick for sure.

Moving on to other important events:
--A terrific picture recently on the CNN website.  Big American flag filling up the whole screen in the background.  In the foreground, a female solider just returned from Afghanistan.  She is in a full open mouth kiss with her partner who, as it happens, is another woman.  Wowza--it's the future.  Get ready for it or get lost.
--Sitting in a sub shop in the neighborhood.  Two women come in with ID tags around their necks.  Then I see the cuffs and the handguns.  They are plainclothes Boston detectives.  It's the future.  Get ready for it or get lost.
--And from the Lone Star state we have these items.  Teachers are now allowed to carry concealed weapons because it makes the classrooms safer.  Not sure what it does for educating the kids.  Next, a headline in the Globe:  "Brains missing from Texas university".  Really?  I believe my daughter still has hers so I am not sure what this is about.
--I wouldn't give Mark Wahlberg a pardon if my life depended on it.  There are many more deserving folks than him.  Having a big name and loads of money should not mean he gets to be first in the pardon line.
--I never thought too much of Lebron James except I knew he was a very good basketball player.  But he knows he is a leader not just on the court but off it--so I admire his willingness to wear the "I can't breathe" T-shirt when warming up in Brooklyn last week. A borough away from Staten Island.  Btw, another African American young adult killed by another white policeman and another jury unwilling to indict despite the video.
--We all know Cosby did something and deserves to be kicked around.  We also know Aaron Hernandez is guilty no matter how many legal technicalities his defense team wins.  I wanted to kick his teeth in when I saw a picture of him smiling as the judge threw out a bunch of prosecutable evidence.
--Saw Obama on Colbert last week--very funny and this Thursday is Colbert's last Comedy Central show.  Very hard to imagine him on "regular" TV.
--I'm paying under $2.50 for gas and unemployment is better than ever.  No matter, it will get ugly when the Republicans take over.  Give Ruth Bader Ginsburg strength, my friends.
--Happy Hanukkah, Merry Xmas, and an Enjoyable Kwanzaa.  Hope all you atheists have some sort of good holiday as well.  Safe trips to all including my darling children one of whom arrives and the other departs this week.

SPORTS TALK
--The Bruins truly suck.  I was able to watch nearly a full game over the weekend.  I believe Lucic is on drugs and the rest of them just cannot score.  BTW, Seguin is leading the league in goals.  And they refuse to allow Pastrnak to stay up--not tough enough yet.  Yikes.
--The Pats have been terrific and I would give Revis anything he wants to stay with them.  He makes the defensive backfield work.  Browner has not hurt them yet with all those penalties though I worry he will commit a big one at a bad time.

Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment