Wednesday, April 1, 2015

AND THE WINNER IS...........

A person who is not a member of my family (!) but is a friend came up with 14 additional people who are justifiably excited to be receiving this screed for the first time.  He will get a meal on me.  As for the rest of you slackers, what's up with your disinterest in such an important contest--better odds than the college basketball pool.  Who knows when you might get the chance to compete again.  Moving on.

Notes of Interest:
--Netanyahu won but only after attracting all the right wing voters with his racist belligerence which demeaned and defamed the Palestinians.  Then he said he did not really mean it.  At least Obama had the cojones to say that he did mean it and it was more than unfortunate.  Boehner should go hide somewhere since he gave the guy a platform.  Kudos to anyone in the House who stayed home.
--Speaking of Israel, my soccer fan relative and I watched the Israelis play Belgium in a Euro qualifying game.  This is important for two reasons:  The Israelis get placed in the Euro group despite their Mid East locale (perhaps to keep them away from all the Muslim countries?) and members of the Israeli team were clearly Arabs who are citizens of Israel.  The team happens to be lousy but it is "integrated".
--More on Israel.  J Street's statement after the election (Dated 3/18) was terrific as was David Remnick's brief piece in the New Yorker.  Really Bibi needs to be kicked to the curb.
--Ben Carson calls the President a psychopath.  And people say the animus towards the Prez is not personal.  Give me a break.  They hate him and not just his policies.
--If you have not noticed Eric Holder is still AG because Mitch and the boys will not even allow a vote on his successor.  They have tied her approval to language further restricting abortion.  They really are pathetic.
--I might vote in the Republican primaries just to be sure they nominate one of the crazies.  Right now I would vote for Teddy-boy Cruz.  He had the nerve to oppose the Affordable Care Act and is now using it for his family.  Seriously.  And with no apologies to the 16 million Americans who actually benefit from the Act. The Supremes better not fuck with this.
--I honestly do not completely understand the religious freedom law recently enacted in Indiana (and perhaps in Arkansas today).  But considering who opposes it and who has canelled conventions, it must really be an ugly thing.  This guy Pence is just a polished version of Cruz.
--What to say about the German plane crash?  Just scares the hell out of me.  Periodically either suicidal or depressed or both?  And somehow escaped any administrative action?  Oh my. He will be on my mind the next time I fly and I don't want to hear it couldn't happen here.

SPORTS TALK
Any day Rick Pitino loses is a good day for America.  Ditto for Calipari though I admit I have Kentucky winning it all in my pool. Watched Wisconsin last week when they played I don't know who--5 white guys on that Badger team playing against 5 African Americans.  Do they just collect big tall white guys up there in the Great White North?  As much as I think watching the Celtics this season has been fun, watching the Bruins has been painful.  And now that luddite Julien might break up the Spooner line because Krejci and Connolly are almost 100% cleared medically.  That Spooner line carried them in March while the Campbell line went 0 for March--not even an assist. This winter has taken me way out on a limb supporting the Pats.  I have no clue what Mr. Bill is doing.

Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment