Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A QUICKIE

AWWW--get your filthy minds out of the gutter.  I figured I could drop you this note while the big silver bird warms up outside.  This is brief but it is filled with IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND SOME FACTS.

--First, thanks to Bob the Geek for getting my new printer up and running.  I had no clue.
--Yup, this is a quote from Terry Francona, a baseball manager.  His pitcher needed stitches on his pitching hand and was bleeding when he tried to pitch in the playoffs.  It goes like this:  "I think we've all, at some point or another, had a drone related problem".  Hysterical even if you are not a sports fan.
--Riding on the famous #39 bus at rush hour.  People with all sorts of equipment/paraphernalia.  The woman in front of us has her violin in its case and an enormous bag which occupies a seat while a bunch of standing people stare at her and glare.  The woman behind us is yakking on her phone REALLY LOUD and this is a paraphrase which we all get to hear: Yo, that's bullshit.  I'm ready for the next step in my life.  Never heard what it was but do not believe she should be trusted with top secret information.
--Three white guys got arrested in Kansas just before they tried to blow up an apartment complex occupied by Somali immigrants.  The man whose name will not be mentioned and his fervent supporters have provided the context for this.
--Great article/interview with Leonard Cohen in a recent New Yorker.
--Sitting in one of our favorite local restaurant where the tables are quite close together.  Twice the guy next to me joined the conversation to share his thoughts.  what the fuck?  And, no, I was not talking loud.
--I see where 15,000 lunatics went to see the man whose name will not be mentioned in Tampa.  That and a new legit poll from that sunblind state has gotten me more worried.  Yikes.


SPORTSTALK
Francona and Theo sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g.  John, and Larry can go suck eggs about letting those two go.  The Pats are 6-1 and Mr. Brady is back but the talking heads continue to scream about one thing or another.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment