Sunday, April 1, 2018

IS IT NOVEMBER YET?

I guess not.  POTUS continues to fire people and depend even more on amateurs to run our government.  If I knew he would appoint a doctor with no management experience to run the VA, I would have referred my primary care doc.  Or, better yet for me (which is what this is all about),  I would have referred myself since I have more management experience than his personal physician.  Being universally well liked is NOT a qualification. Moving on.

--The Easter message to us was that DACA will not be extended and the wall will be built.  Mexico is a bad country and there is a caravan of immigrants on their way here.  I locked my front door immediately.  How the religious right/evangelicals continue to give this guy a free pass is beyond me.  All I can get is that they are wishing for another vacancy on the Supreme Court.
--Remember Governor Maddox of Georgia who swung ax handles at people of color?  Remember George Wallace who tapped into the racist instincts of Northerners including those in this state.  This is what POTUS brings to mind as he goes to Ohio and lashes out at all of the "others".  We repeat the past at our own peril.
--I can no longer listen to the excuses of Republicans in Congress--or, worse yet, their silence.  They continue on their gutless wandering.
--Never liked Ted Nugent's music and never listed to Laura Ingraham.  So vindictive as if they had relatives on the Mayflower.
--It is worth noting that the ugly Easter tweets came from Mar A Lago where POTUS is accompanied by Stephen Miller a member of my tribe who might be the worst of the group still left.
--It is beyond dangerous to have Miller and John Bolton in the White House advising a POTUS who is child like in his inability to read let alone comprehend.
-- The Austin bombs hit home being as how a close relative of mine lives there.  I think a lot of "unstable" people have been unleashed by Presidential rhetoric.  Did you see the crowd in Ohio cheering him on?  He is, to be fair, delivering a message that is hitting the same chord as the one George Wallace hit.
--On a cultural note, I am heading off to the newly opened dog museum in North Adams.  Seriously--there is such a place and it was a big story in the Globe.
--On the big time crowded (and very famous) 39 bus the other day and was treated to overhearing a young woman screeching into her phone for the whole ride.  It is a kind of cultural arrogance that I detest.  I guess it was her bus after all.
--Happy Easter and Happy Passover.  I'm already sick of matzah.

SPORTS TALK
I am not optimistic about my Wolverines tomorrow night.  Villanova shoots so well, I am not sure how you can stop them.  Never figured them as a final four in my brackets--did have both Kansas and Villanova.  And if any of ;you had Loyola, you must ben related to the Sister who is their chaplain.  No baseball talk until 7/4 but I am loving the Bruins.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment