Wednesday, May 1, 2019

DON'T TELL ME NOT TO WORRY

As the saying goes:  Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are NOT out to get you.  Another Shabbat and another assault at a synagogue.  Six months to the day of the Pittsburgh murders.  I am sure my synagogue has all sorts of precautions and security measures in place.  But when I am there, all I can think about is what would I do if a vigilante attacked.  My children and grandchildren are there regularly. "They" are out there and they don't like me.  They have access to automatic/assault weapons.  The NRA believes that rather than banning those weapons, we all should arm ourselves. Yup., lets make the synagogue an armed camp with all the clergy carrying weapons.  Makes sense, right?  Only if you want to pray in an armed camp.

POTUS SECTION
--In response to the shooting, POTUS did manage to call it a hate crime and did manage to express sympathy.  These comments came at the tail end of POTUS telling us about a round of golf he just played with the Japanese Prime Minister.  He's got his priorities straight, huh?
--He is still after Obamacare.  He promises a better plan in its place but has no plan or any details.  He truly has no clue how complicated this is.  Kind of like when he got surprised that Puerto Rico was an island which made recovery more complicated.  Let's see what happens to the base when he attempts to take their coverage away.
--He is not even sure what he thinks about the measles vaccine.  I do--tell all those anti science folks (including some who are my co-religionists) to back off. Or keep your kids away from my kids.
--One country that POTUS is enamored with is Saudi Arabia.  Perfect, they continue to execute their own citizens without trials.  The man is in love with any leader with a whiff of being a despot.  Loves that man child Kim.
--As he boarded a plane to take him to Mar A Lago, we learned that he was cutting federal funds which support food subsidies for low income people.  He hates the poor and now they could have no health insurance and not enough to eat.  But he charges us for all those fights. Seriously.
--The same day the Chabad shul was attacked, he went to Green Bay and began his attack on abortion, on Biden, and on Mueller.  Did not cancel the gig; just fanned the flames of the virtually all
white audience.  He is a direct descendent of George Wallace. Let those fine citizens use axes on the harbor ice and not rely on the Coast Guard to keep it open in the winter.  Can live without the feds, huh?
--Finally, he wants to "charge" fees for anyone seeking asylum.  My mother would have been refused "admission" because I know she did not have any money--just send her back.

Moving on:
--MGH (AKA, the world's greatest hospital) is always bitching and moaning about their rates.  Yet they are in the midst of a capital campaign which will raise billions and just received a gift of 200 million dollars as part of the campaign.  Maybe they should just shut up and quit whining or not load their rates with all their Harvard academic affiliation.
--Mueller caught Sara Sanders lying multiple times and documented it in his report.  I will now call her called lyin' Sara.
--My Commonwealth has issued a one pager called "turkey tips".  Seems my fellow citizens need help in dealing with the birds.  Unless they mean the kind of tips we eat.
--Great hockey name:  Pierre Luc Dubois.  Plays for Columbus.
--Even I admit that I had too much faith in Mueller.  But, I trust and believe him more than I do Barr.
--Good luck, CN.  BTW, Bob Cerv was the left fielder.

No sports talk for a while.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment