Thursday, October 1, 2020

I DID NOT PRAY HARD ENOUGH

I prayed for her regularly. She faced her ongoing illnesses with more bravery and dignity than i could have mustered. But secretely, my prayers were as much for me as for her. I knew that with her passing, POTUS would get a shot at filling her seat. And he has. I know nothing about RBG's replacement--she might end up being terrific tho I doubt it. I do know this: Being noiminated by this President is a very bad sign. Moving on: --I had promised myself not to follow all the polls since I felt burned 4 years ago by Nate and the 538 crowd. But every day, and sometimes more than once a day, I am looking at them. I fear if I share the latest ones, I will hex the whole process so I will only say as of right now, they look fine. My focus and my little donations, remain on the senate and that is looking extra fine. --This is being written about 36 hours after the first debate. None of us should be surprised by the behavior of POTUS. In the absnce of any major accomlishments, he is running on white anger and white racism. He has nothing else. His toadies (especialy, that prunish McConnell) continue to do all sorts of damage in the absence of anyone putting the brakes on. He is a bully and the danger is that he has a very important bully pulpit to spew from. --You do know that a signifcant number of ICE detained women had forced hysterectomies--and most of us (includingl moi) are not surprised. We have simply become inured to the indignities and the dangers of this man and his crew. --Let me remind you that CVS is NOT offering anything for free. So when you see those big signs offereing free flu shots, they are not free. CVS just bills some insurance company. --Those Sturgis party goers out there in South Dakota rode their choppers in with no masks of course and now a bunch of them have the virus. In a state with a Governor who is a female version of POTUS. The virus is just the flu kind of state. Good luck. --I really do not want to read something Michael Cohen's daughter wrote. And who set her up to go public? --A skunk got his head caught in some srt of container. And, of course, the Globe scooped that story and blared the headline of a policeman freeing that poor animal. --Sometime in the last month, Christopher Muther had a terrific travel column in the Globe. In it he focussed on how he and his parents out foxed the state of Maine by travelling there for a few days. At that time, Maine pretty much had banned the fine citizens of Mass. from coming up. He was all masked up and his column reads like some sort of mystery novel. SPORTS TALK --The Bruins were eliminated kind of pathetically. The Celtics got closer than I expected but then just choked up. I remain a fan of Jaylen. --Watching the Pats is kind of fun. I especially enjoy not watching Tommy sulk on the sidelines. Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment