Friday, April 16, 2021

"I LIVE DEEP INSIDE MY HEAD"

That's a direct quote from a song on the last album by John Prine. He just had a way with words--his choice of rhymes (pairing Idaho with ago) that is virtually poetic. I miss his music and regret the opportunities I had to go see him but something came up or it was too expensive OR OR OR.....He died right at the beginning of the pandemic and was at risk due to bouts with cancer. These specific words resonate with me because I sometimes think this blog allows me to share some things that lie deep inside my head. Moving on. --Speaking of poignant phrasing. How about: "camaraderie of the marginalized"? I stole that from a novel by Matt Goldman. He is a writer who originally wrote for Seinfeld and then Curb Your Enthusiasm. I have now read two of his mysteries which are set in Minneapolis and feature a private detective whose name is Nils Shapiro. I have yet to be informed about that mixed lineage. Anyhow, I recommend his books if you like mysteries. --Please send the inventor of collagen directly to the principal's office. That person needs to explain him or herself. Same goes for whoever invented "anal bleaching". Which is apparently a thing. This person also needs to explain him or herself. Both of these people need to go sit in the corner of the principal's office until they settle down and apologize. --Now we get to that great interchange between Dr. Fauci and Jim Jordan. Did any of you see it? Jordan's take on the pandemic is that it (the virus) has taken away our freedom and it is the fault of science. Jordan is a fucking idiot. I am more surprised that Fauci did not get up and leave the room. Maxine Waters finally and literally told Jordan to shut up. This lack of belief in science is scary because it gets linked to the anti-vaxers, the anti-maskers, and the I'm against anything the government tries to make me do. That is one reason nearly 600,000 have died from Covid. --We turn now to the following. Please don't tell anyhone that I was raised in Miami. As of this moment, I officially repudiate that entire state--except for that city way down at the bottom closer to Havana than it is to Orlando--Key West. Let's see: DeSantis is Governor, Scott and Rubio are its two senators, Gaetz traffics in drugs and underage minors. If that is not enough, Dade County is full of crazed wealthy right wing emigres from all over Central and South America. And they are killing the Everglades in favor of development. Good riddens and good luck. --Our Governor, who I generally like, is a firm believer in privatization. That philosophy rests of the assumption that the private sector does anything and everything better than the public sector. It also implicity is a way to diminish the role of unions. But oh my--it is not perfect. So the state's effort to set up vaccine web sites was privatized. The computer system running our Regisltry of Motor Vehicles is also privatized. Both systems have crashed in the last month. Even though I have recived my two shots, it was totally a mess trying to access the web site. --Two things I don't want to hear: How businesses on the Cape are having trouble finding employees. Every year we have to hear that shit. Nor do I want to hear how wonderful the new Boston College unis will be now that they have an agreement with New Balance. They still will have sucky teams (except for ice hockey) but they will be prettier. I'm done with that. --If that police officer is somehow found not guilty in Minneapolis, it will get very ugly very fast. Have no words for the regularity of young men of color being murdered. Especially as a parent, it is not something I can fathom. How can you recover from such losses. SPORTS TALK --One question for you red flop fans: when they started 0-3, how worried were you? TA TA

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for venting for me on so many horrors occurring in our country. However, I still enjoy animals in the news.

    ReplyDelete