Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Grumble, Grumble, Toil, and Trouble

All you Red Flop fans can carefully crawl off those ledges you have been on since the weekend. There are still 50 or so games left. The Yankees have yet to show enough consistency. Plus, you will get Wakefield back. Ultimately, I think both of them make it (I have said that all along) but each of them should be very worried about either the Twins or the Angels. By the way, lucky for you, you wont need a fourth starter in the playoffs because you really don't have one.

So, the Israel General Consul for New England but based in Boston has been called back to Israel for having been both honest and direct. He had the temerity to say that Israeli policies, especially about the settlements, was creating divisiveness here among American Jews. seems his bosses did not appreciate his candor and he will now have his hand slapped. There is a great movie called "Lemon tree" which, much better than me, articulates the danger of building walls and creating settlements.

Those health care forums (no matter who funds them are enough to maker me puke. Bibles held up to be sure we know this is really a religious issue. Intense anger and deep seated fear. Much of this is fueled by racism and the reality that the Democrats are actually in charge. what actually scares me are the Hitler references and the Nazi symbols--those folks in the right wing media are stoking up these citizens and may not be able to put the genie back in the bottle (Have any of you head or seen Glenn Beck?) It would not surprise me if one these town hall meetings turns physically violent.

Most of you know that our parking lot empties onto Elliott Street which is one way away from the pond. On exiting the lot, you need to be watchful for walkers on the sidewalk on their way to the pond. But imagine my surprise to go left and be facing a bicyclist 10 feet away--one who was unhappy with me. In my new persona, I simply shut my mouth and smiled. But I am seriously getting tired of having these folks ignore all the rules of the road that I have to obey. If I broke them, they would be the first to yell.

Keep an eye out for Mr. Brady this week in his return to pro football. One hit to that knee and I will be on the ledge with you.

Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment