Friday, July 31, 2009

Gurgle, Gurgle

I am learning as I go with this thing and, at first, I figured I would schedule a day to write--being a person of some rigidity. But, I have learned that it doesn't work that way for me. I have to wait until my stomach starts to gurgle--and yup, today it has notified me it is time to write.

So does paranoia annoya? Here are two examples of mine:

1A. If the big zoo were in Stoneham and the little zoo were in Roxbury, don't you think that the one in Roxbury would have been done and gone already? This whole thing about having two zoos in the midst of the budget craziness smacks to me a bit of protecting our north shore brethren from having to actually come into the city and see some folks who might not look like them and perhaps are not the same color.

1B. That CEO guy from Blue Cross (Killingsworth)--Never saw him on TV before and now he is all over the place assuring us of their commitment to quality and prevention. A bit of interesting timing given the discussions in Washington. Where was he before?

2. All of you awaiting the arrival of Mr. Baker and his run for Governor, be careful what you wish for. His first endorsement came from Curt Schilling who only is slightly to the right of Rush Limbaugh. And not as smart.

3. Okay all you Red Flop fans, here it comes--remember A-Rod (who,I actually don't even like), remember his bout with the media over steroids, remember all of you pointing fingers at those dreaded Yankees and how they cheated--remember all that and how pious our Globe was? Well it sure seems that Big Papi and Manny were in that line too. A very long line I might add--and a very distressing scandal that is not close to being over. The Globe of course is leading the parade of righteous indignation much like they led the parade of piety. One wonders what their reporters knew before the NY Times (their step parent) broke the story. I do admit that Shaughnessy's article today (he is a nemesis of mine) was right on.

4. Jon Stewart absolutely skewered Bill Kristol (he is one of the leading Neocons--in many ways, mainly intellectual,scarier than Rush)about Health Care.

Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment