Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A DAY (OR TWO) LATE BUT NOT A DOLLAR (OR TWO) SHORT

So I have these two MAJOR problems which are keeping me up at night and causing all sorts of anxiety.  Problem number 1:  You know when you open a new box of cereal?  Inside, there is this bag with your cereal inside in order to keep it fresh.  It cannot be opened by anything other than sharp weapons.  Opened by hand and the bag splits causing the cereal to get cereally (get it?) disturbed and fall inside the box. Just terrible.

Problem number 2:  I have yet been able to pour coffee from my coffee pot into my cup without drops spilling all over.  And since we have this very "special" countertop that apparently gets quite disturbed with heat, I then have to soak it up quickly.  Cannot be done--pour slowly, pour quickly, pour with that cap thingy on the pot or off--does not matter.  Spillage.

I mean this is MAJOR far outweighing whether Elizabeth Warren is or is not partly Native American.  Or who will be our next president. Please tell me why David Gregory opened with that question about heritage lastnight in the debate.  Please--when there are about 50,000 other real issues to discuss.  You know that pretty much both candidates are going to go wherever they want anyhow.  But to pitch that softball to Scottie was just plain ridiculous. And Justice Scalia is Scottie's fave.  Oh my--all of us ought to be worrying right now.  He did finally work his way through virtually all the Justices but started with Scalia.  He is a fool and he is damn lucky he is NOT her student because he might flunk.

I will watch tomorrow night and almost am curious if Barack can eat the Mitter up.  My man Nate Silver on his blog still has Barack in front nationally and in a bunch of important states--but the margins are mostly thin.  It is hard to imagine people being undecided but their numbers are still enough to throw this thing way off in the closing days.  I will be sitting with Babs and we will have take out to munch on as we watch.

Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC is a cheerleader cheering for the right team but sometimes he goes over the edge and needs to be reeled in.  He practically called the election for Barack after that Mother Jones video (that 47% business) surfaced.  What's her face Rachael is also a cheerleader but a bit more thoughtful.  It is decidedly not over though having George Soros finally kick in his million will help.  Oh--as an aside, awfully nice of my mayor (Tommy boy) to finally support Liz.  Think it has to do with the polls looking better for her?

Terrific though scary book by a guy named Draper (of course I have forgotten his first name)--"Do Not Ask What Good We Do".  It focuses on the congressional class of 2010 and particularly the far right wing Republicans elected then.  They are medieval freaks who want to turn the clock way way back and they scare me.  The Mitter is even too "liberal" for them.  Speaking once more of the Mitter, Jonathan Kraft (son of Bob who despite all his drivel about Myra/his sweetheart is now being seen on the town with a 20 year old) hosted a $75,000 a plate dinner for the Mitter.  Time to seriously re-consider your Patriot tickets?

So we got a new washing machine.  The quality of the laundry work being done by the scullery maid (that would be me) was called into question not just by my cohabitor but by a child living very far away.  MMMM.  Took one look at it in the store and then at home--way too complicated.  Needed Babs to be here for the first flight.  More buttons than a plane's cockpit.  But it does work.

SPORTS TALK

Glad the Yanks are in the playoffs but not sure they will go far.  Jeter, however, is just terrific.  Over 200 hits, will score over 100 runs and, if not for Cabrera and Trout, would be an MVP candidate.  Did you Red Flop fans see your line up last night.  Some of them do not shave yet.

The talking heads after the Ravens loss were all over the beginning of the end for Mr. Brady.  Then they backed off a bit after Buffalo.  I actually am not sure though I do believe their two wins were against shit teams.  We will see this week if they can stop Peyton.  Otherwise, the score might be 52-49 and I am not sure who will have 52.

Michigan is in a death spiral in terms of college football.  Too much reliance on Dennard Robinson.  When he has a bad game they lose.  I think that new coach will be glad when he graduates.

I refuse to read anything about negotiations in any sport about anything.  I won't.

I am also sick of the homophobia of athletes especially those Hispanic ones who tell us it is a cultural them.  Screw them.

Off on the great silver bird this Thursday to Austin.  I will give Rick Perry the regards of all my readers but will reserve all my warmth for Anna.

Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment