Wednesday, December 14, 2016

NOMINEES FOR AMBASSADOR

The following information has been leaked only to me.  I am proud to share this scoop with my readers. First the context.  Back in the olden days (to borrow a line from a close relative), I used to watch TV on Saturdays.  Sky King, Andy Devine, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Tarzan, and that kid on the elephant.  But then came wrestling shows.  So it was with much pleasure and, yes, surprise that I learned the following.  Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant are being nominated for Ambassadorships.  Oh joy, oh bestill my heart.  But, alas and alack, Andre has passed away.  But the Hulk will be the new Drug Czar because, well, he has a lot of experience with drugs.  So share the news especially those of you in my age range who just might have seen these folks way back when.  You do know our almost Commerce Secretary, the wife of the infamous Vince McMahon, was the COO of the WWF.  You knew that, right?  Which totally and completely explains her qualifications.

Then there is this (to steal John Oliver's intro):
--I love Mr. Zimmerman, the winner of this year's Nobel prize for literature.  But who the hell is he to both dis the ceremony and dis Obama in the same month?  C'mon, Bob.
--So Ben Carson, whose main claim to fame is that he is inarticulate, will be the Secretary of something or other as will that fine Texan Ric Perry.  And why not put someone who does not believe in climate change in charge of the EPA? That whole cabinet is dominated by white men who seriously have no experience in the fields they are now managing.  Our Secretary of State will be the former CEO of Exxon Mobil and has no international experience at all except in making oil deals.
--From my Baltimore correspondent:  An article in the Baltimore Business Journal analyzes the success of Obamacare in Maryland.  Success mind you just as the man who shall not be named goes about its reduction if not elimination.
--In the recent NY times mag, an article about the folks who are falling into the gap created by income limits on Obamacare and their states refusal to be flexible with their Medicaid dollars.  Do not ever ever move to Kansas.
--I love love love to read the wedding announcements.  Here is what I learned:  People hire dance instructors to choreograph their first dance.  Really, I guess they have nothing better to do with their money.
--I worry that the Syrian families my synagogue is sponsoring will be victims of the new administration and get stuck in the refugee camps they live in now.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU.  A WISH FOR A HEALTHY AND PEACEFUL YEAR.


SPORTS TALK
The Red Flops got a great pitcher in Sale and now look like they have 3 dominant starters.  But my Yanks signing of Chapman I am not sure about.  Even though they needed a closer since Betances is not the guy, I think Chapman is over rated and looked hittable in the world series.  Ah, but Mr. Brady wants to play until he is 45.  The other night he was nearly perfecto--and his offensive line is strong and stable unlike last year. They actually looked like Super Bowl material.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment