Thursday, June 1, 2017

"WHO LET THE DOGS OUT"

I urge myself every day to ignore POTUS and I try very hard to live up to my own expectations--and then nearly every day, I fail.  So here I am failing in front of all of you.  We have an environment poisoned by this man and I am not even talking about bailing on the climate change accord.  The message from POTUS has given the neo-Nazi in Portland permission to harass Muslim women and then murder two men who came to their aid.  And then, on his way into court, yell out that it was a patriotic act.  We have the spectre of the world's best basketball player talking articulately not about his game but about the racist graffiti painted on his house.   Go ahead and tell me these things would have happened with or without POTUS--maybe/maybe not.  But in any case, he is setting a dangerous tone both in a narrow way and then in a larger way--like pushing aside the President of Montenegro and dissing the Germans and NATO publicly. Forget the tweets, watch him represent you and me--he is an embarrassment.

Moving on (as if):
--This is gutter level bullying.  Apparently the boy toy (Sean Spicer) is a devout Catholic and yet POTUS decided he could not attend the audience with the Pope.  Jared and Ivanka did attend despite being of a different persuasion.  By the way, their picture with the Pope reminded me of that ad with the two farmers holding pitchforks and looking absolutely glum.
--The Confederate statues have been removed from public view in New Orleans but not without some push back from some folks who act as if a war is still going on.  Maybe they are right.
--And he did announce a short while ago that we will pull out of the Paris accords--because India gets to have coal mines and we should too.  The people in India also burn their loved ones on pyres in the Ganges--can we look forward to that?  And the warm up to the POTUS speech by Pence was very sad (!).  He sounded like the head cheer leader at a HS game--but my guess is that would be too female for the Veep.  Likely, "Mother Pence" would be the cheerleader.
--Sorry B and E, he is likely to roll back all the normalization progress with Cuba including travel.  Hope you get grandfathered in.  All because those fucking Cuba Americans in my home state still believe they will go back some day.  Unfortunately, they are my age and will never see that day plus their children and grandchildren DO NOT CARE and probably voted for Hilary.
--Isn't it the fantasy of every boy to fall in love with and run away with their teacher?  That's all I could think of when I learned that Macron actually married his.  Whoa!
--The cuts to Medicaid are vindictive and represent some more of the Republicans disdain for the poor and those disabled.  Then again, these are the same gutless wonders who utter not a word in protest about POTUS and his actions.  They are aiding and abetting and I am not sure if they are any better than him.
--From Forest Gump:  Stupid is as stupid does.
--Happy beginning of summer.  The sun just reappeared today after a lengthy absence.

SHALOM

NO SPORTS TALK

No comments:

Post a Comment